Monday, September 17, 2012

The new normal

So, many of you have asked how it is going now that everyone is back at school. I could lie and say it's all great, but I've really never been one to hide my feelings. It's going... Truthfully, I miss being home with Hannah. I know she's in great hands, but I can already see she is growing way too fast. See, I had the benefit of staying at home with the boys for their first year. It was the hardest job I've EVER had, but I was happy I got to have all those firsts with them. I can't help but feel like I'm missing out a little.
We are finding our way. We are finding our new normal. See, normal always changes. My normal used to be mommy to 3- seven year old boys, full-time teacher, yada, yada, yada. My new normal is mom to 3-8 year old boys, and a baby girl, full time teacher, and the list goes on and on. My new normal includes football mom. See, I haven't been that in awhile. I'm having to learn my new normal. Learning a new normal can be a lot of fun, but it is pretty exhausting until you figure it out. That's where we are.... We are learning the new challenges, trying to be creative and overcome. We'll figure it out. We always do. In the meantime, work with me, we're doing everything we can to remain pleasant during these growing pains.
Don't judge, I think we have had pizza three different times in the last 7 days. That's alright.... At least it was hot and edible. If it's any consolation, we did get to bed on time with our teeth brushed. One step at a time people....
While we're figuring out this normal, I'll stop time so nothing changes. Lord knows tomorrow may be a new-new normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment