Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day!

Anyone that knows me well knows that this week hasn't really be a 10 on the awesome scale.  Something that I really wanted and really was excited for just didn't happen.  To say that it hurt was an understatement, but I'm convinced that everything happens for a reason.  However, this whole situation has made me reflect and has me energized about what's really important.

As you know Father's Day is tomorrow and I'm absolutely blessed to be able to have four wonderful kids.  I really do enjoy just being with my kids.  I love going out and playing baseball with the boys, rocking Hannah to sleep, or wrestling with the boys in their room.  I see them grow up right before my eyes and it scares me to think that in two years the boys will be 10, then 16, 18, 21....way too soon!

Tonight as I was playing baseball with them I started thinking.  I want my boys and Hannah to want to be like me.  I want them to say, "I want to play with my kids because my Dad did with me."  I want to be the example for my family.  I need Tonya and the kids to realize that they are the very most important thing to me.  I want to be the Little League coach, the basketball coach, the front yard homerun hitter, and the baby rocker.

I want this because my dad is that to me.  I've told several people that my hero is easily my Dad.  I've never met a person that absolutely loved his family like he does.  I truly believe that he would do anything for us and loves it when we are near.  I also love to see how his face lights up when he sees my kids and how he tells me he loves me every time I hang up with him.  I love how Dad laughs, how people think that he's a "celebrity", and how is quietly concerned about everything.

I want my kids to be like me, because I want to be like my dad. 

Jobs aren't that important...being a Dad is!

 Happy Father's Day Rick Campbell!




No comments:

Post a Comment