Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day

I didn't realize that Jamie was also blogging tonight, but as they say.... great minds. 

Well, tomorrow is Father's Day.  It is a very special day at our house.  The cards are made, the plans are all discussed, we are all ready for the day.  The boys are anxiously awaiting the morning.

I was just sitting here, watching Jamie rock Hannah, and thinking about how blessed to have him as my husband and father of my children.  

Now, I don't want you to start believing that he is perfect.  I mean, he still breathes too loud, leaves his socks in the floor, and only remembers the last item of a list, but other than that, he's pretty great.  Really...... he is a great husband to me and the best Daddy to our kids.  They adore him, and it's easy to see why.  He is so involved with them.  I hear friends say, " I wish my husband would help more with the kids."  I can't say that.  He does just as much with the kids as I do. 

I can remember the first time I was away from the boys.  Someone said, are you sure he can handle it.  I just laughed because truthfully, he handles it better than me.  He just loves them up and takes everything in stride.  When he stayed home with the boys and I was working, I never had to worry about a thing.  Yes, I might come home and the house would be a mess.  What do you expect with 3 one year old boys???  But you could bet that I would come home to 3 happy boys that enjoyed their Daddy!  Now that Hannah is here, it is no different, he is so involved.  We argue over who gets to do things for her.

Jamie is always doing something with the kids.  He's always playing a game, reading a book to them, rocking one, snuggling one, or just talking with them about their day.  It is so easy to see why they are excited to have him as thier Dad and anxious to shower him with their love tomorrow.

I am blessed to have him in my life and I'm thankful everyday for him.  Happy Father's Day!!!!We love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment