Monday, December 24, 2012

Overload!

Well, I'm a little behind on my posts, so I think I'll catch up. So much has happened, where do I start..... I have a new job. For those that have asked, I love it. God has some strange ways of answering prayers, but it's funny the way he works things out. I would have never dreamed that I would change positions mid-year, but it has been such a blessing. I have made new friends, strengthened bonds with many people, had the opportunity to work with some truly amazing kids. Trust me when I say it's a GOD thing!

Now, on to one of the lessons I learned in the middle of this move. I had to move things to my new school. It wasn't a ton of things, but it was enough to need about 3 trips. I bet 10 people asked me if they could help me carry anything. I insisted I was fine, and I had it under control. I made the first trip without a problem. When I went back the second time, I had a full armload and one box. It was my treasure box, filled with candy and dollar store goodies. Bribes if you will. Well, I decide that I can simply put the treasure box on top and carry it all in of course without help. I'm sure you know how this ends. I end up dropping the entire contents of the box all over the parking lot. My "treasure", all 1000 pieces were laying on the ground while I stood there in disbelief. I picked up every piece learning these things. First, it's alright to ask for help, even from strangers, and that I cannot carry everything on my own! I am guilty of both of these things on a regular basis. I will often take on the weight of the world without a second thought. I'm not saying I won't try it again, but I will at least try to remember the lessons of my move. After all, if I don't, I might end up with all my treasures on the ground :)

No comments:

Post a Comment