I've been home with Hannah and the boys this week on spring break. We usually travel, but we are trying to pinch pennies for the house buying mission. We have also house shopped and done all those adult activities. We made an offer today, and I must admit, I'm scared and so excited!
Well, I've been watching the kiddos very closely and have learned so much from them, especially Hannah. Trust me, I would need a book to tell you all the things the boys have taught me.
Let's stick to the top 10 things I learned from Hannah this week. First of all, I can't believe how much she has changed in just 11 short months. But, especially the last few weeks. These are my Hannah lessons. They are relevant to my life and probably yours.
1. Learn at least one new thing each day. She seems to be doing even more, but at my age, I'm thinking one is sufficient:)
2. When someone leaves, treat them as though you may never see them again. You know, say bye-bye, give them plenty of kisses, and acknowledge that you love them.
3. Naps are a good thing. They can really improve a mood.
4. There is always time for a quick snuggle, kiss, and smile.
5. When you hear music, dance. I must admit, I keep playing the hotdog song just to see her wiggle. Totally adorable!
6. Laugh uncontrollably at the silly things.
7. When someone says you do a good job, stop and enjoy it. Hannah even claps!
8. Be cautious of strangers. It's alright to be friendly at a distance but if they invade your comfort zone, scowl at them. She is my daughter!
9. Reach out to those you love the most. She makes sure to end up in everyone's arms!
10. Hershey kisses are addictive and correct nearly every bad mood;)
That's just a few of the tidbits of wisdom this girl has shared this week. I can't wait to see what the future holds!