Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Break Nesting

So, we have been on spring break this week.  For the last several years, we have gone somewhere.  Either, we take the boys somewhere, or we take advantage of some much needed time alone in a sandy sunny area.  This year, however, we had an entirely different agenda.  Jamie's Mom volunteered to take the boys a few days so they could have some fun while we embarked on operation nesting.  We have pitched, painted, purged, cleaned, carpeted, put away, and assembled everything imaginable.  Wow, what a difference a few days makes.  Truthfully, I have supervised most of the work.  I have helped my fair share, but I can't do exactly everything I intended.  This big belly and contractions have kept me from doing everything I just knew I could. 

What a difference a week makes.  We now have a completed nursery.  Yes, it still needs a few finishing touches, but she has a room.  She even has all the other necessities, a changing table, a stroller, car seat, highchair, and a closet full of clothes that would rival a supermodel.  I can't believe it.

It was too cute.  When the boys returned from their visit with MawMaw and PawPaw, they had to check everything out.  They know where everything can be found, how everything works, and what everything does.  I think they are getting a little excited.  Especially with a date in mind.  If all goes well, she will arrive on May 2nd. 

I'll post some pictures soon.  She will be here before we know it, and we can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment