Sunday, April 29, 2012

Big Kicks!

So, I am very well aware that this baby will be here in just a few days.  Trust me, the boys, and yes I mean ALL the boys, including Jamie, have been counting them down for over a week now.  They are so excited they can't stand themselves.  I must admit.  I'm excited too.  I think I was more nervous than excited until the last week or so, but everything does really seem to be falling into place, so I'm with them.....Let's get this show on the road!

I must admit though, I know in just a few short days, I will miss being pregnant.  That may sound so strange to some, but it's true.  I think you could ask most moms and they will say the same thing.  Now, I'm not crazy.  Don't think I want to be pregnant all the time, but there are parts that I will miss.  There is nothing like the feeling of a baby move for the first time.  The feeling of the miracle within, is something you can never explain.  I think what I will miss most, is that from the second she enters this world, she will begin growing and won't stop.  I know from experience, that time moves so quickly.  It seems like a few weeks ago that I brought the boys home.  Now, they are almost as tall as me.  I'm sure it will be no different with Hannah.  I will blink and she will be in school.  I'll blink again, and she will be graduating.  I never believed it when my parents said that time moves too quickly.  When I was a child, it seemed like eternity between Christmases!  Now, it seems I get the decorations put away, only to get them out in a few weeks.  Boy, did they know what they were talking about.

Also, did I mention that I am not a big fan of sharing.  Up until now, I have had the blessing of having her all to myself, with the exception of a few touches to the belly and some pictures, she has been all mine.  When she arrives on Thursday, I have a feeling that the next time I get to put my hands on her will be when she needs fed or diapered :)  I have quite a few people in line to meet and hold her.  I'm not sure I should have even bought things like a bouncer or a swing.  I am certain that she may never sit in them. 

So, although I can't wait to meet her, cuddle her, touch her, and hold her, I will miss her little flutters, her hiccups, and even her big kicks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment