Monday, May 14, 2012

Kick Him in the Coconuts

So, you know that we have all been worried about Caleb and his reaction to Hannah.  He is the youngest.  Even though he is only a minute younger, trust me when I say that he is still the youngest.  He still does all those youngest things.  He still cuddles with Jamie and I each night.  He still regularly crawls in my bed to snuggle with us.  It is all the things you would expect any "youngest' to be.  He was not a big fan of me having another baby.  While the Isaac and Eli were praying for a baby for over a year before I got pregnant, Caleb was praying for a puppy.  He said we had enough kids.  Then, of course when he found out that we were having a girl, he really wasn't happy.

However, since her birth, he is a changed kiddo.  He is head over heels in love with her.  He follows her wherever she is.  He wants to sit by her, feed her, and hold her constantly.  It is so sweet it almost makes me cry.

I think this conversation between Caleb and Jamie says it all.  Jamie asked the boys what they would do when Hannah had a boy that wanted to go on a date.  Caleb said, "I will kick him in the coconuts!"  I of course laughed uncontrollably.  I know it was probably inappropriate, but that is love in the purest form.  Jamie continued to ask questions about about Hannah and the future.  He asked what he would do if a boy was every mean to Hannah and broke her heart.  Caleb responded, "I would kick him in the coconuts 2 times and I would't even warn him!"  So, people, I think we know that his love runs deep!!!

I think I have some love-struck boys!  Man..... is she in trouble when she gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment